Eildon Housing Association, Manse Gardens
Client – Eildon Housing Association
Area – Manse Gardens, Duns, Scottish Borders
Housing Type – Public Sector/Housing Association
Innovative and intelligent solutions are at Sidey’s core and when faced with refurbishing housing stock for a local client which included windows, doors, screens and sunspaces, Sidey’s R&D team set to work to provide a best value solution. We looked at all the prevailing site conditions and options and in collaboration with the client reversible windows, aluminium screens, curtain walling, conservatory roofs, and composite doors were used.
Design is Key
- The sunspaces were manufactured in rosewood
- Overall u-value of 1.4 w/m2k
- Full Secured By Design accreditation to meet the stringent specifications as laid down by the client.
- The conservatory roofs were manufactured using a high performance roof system and provided the highest standard in weather performance.
- Sidey’s Composite Doors in red were used and again met Secured By Design, the highest standards in weather performance, security and energy efficiency.
- The Aluminium curtain walling screens and reversible windows were manufactured in a single standard RAL colour and were thermally enhanced.
Installing this specification of product meant it was critical that all components would work harmoniously with other key elements in the building and Sidey’s solutions wholly achieved the brief to the client’s full satisfaction and returned the buildings to a level of advanced performance comparable to when it was originally built.
Research has indicated that older people need to obtain greater levels of vitamin D, contained in sunshine to prevent metabolic deficiencies and insulin resistance and the upgraded sunspaces will provide a space that will assist with these requirements.
As access to internal and external spaces providing daylight is important to the health & wellbeing of our communities, Sidey also made a donation to our client’s community garden project. https://www.sidey.co.uk/sidey-in-the-community/?parent=218
To find out more about our product and services visit https://www.sidey.co.uk/local-authority-housing-associations/