Refurbishment of Hazeldene Nursery for East Renfrewshire Council
Client – East Renfrewshire Council
Area – Renfrewshire
Project Name – Refurbishment of Hazeldene Nursery for East Renfrewshire Council
Project Type: Replacement windows and lantern roof to an occupied Children’s Nursery School. The Nursery School itself is a listed building.
The project necessitated the removal of existing vertical sliding windows, replacing them with Sidey’s energy efficient Solartherm® PVCu vertical sliders. Due to the Nursery School being a listed building the products had to be like for like, with all necessary permissions obtained from planning and Historic Scotland.
The School is used by up to 200 children and remained open during the works, meaning the work had to be meticulously planned to keep children and staff safe.
In order to achieve maximum safety, the works area was segregated away from the children and staff, traffic & pedestrian management was well planned with a restricted site compound set up for waste, distribution, recycling and storage.
For ease of removal and installation of the products, front door entry systems and fire alarms had to be removed therefore careful coordination was required once again to ensure the safety of all the children and staff.
- All windows supplied were PVCu Solartherm® white vertical sliding windows and white casement windows, both with sculpted beads to maintain the ‘like for like’ requirement
- All windows were A rated
- All windows complied with the provisions of BS7412 2007 and have a Kitemark or certificate approval.
- All products were manufactured under our EMS 14001-2015 Environmental Kitemark
- Technical Surveys were carried out to our BS 8213-4:2016 accreditation
- Installation was carried out by our specialist School Installation Teams to our BS 8213-4:2016 accreditation
- All Sidey employees carried identification badges, wore branded clothing, all Sidey vehicles were branded for ease of identification and safety