Scottish Autism Centre
Contractor: Marshall Construction
Area: Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland
Project Type: Replacement windows, doors and the installation of a new conservatory to a new residential care service.
Project: Renovation of a specialist residential complex for autistic adults set up by Scottish Autism.
The task was to transform a disused building into a fully-modernised residential complex for adults with autism.Sidey removed and replaced existing windows with Solartherm® Reversible windows and Casement Windows and transformed the old building with new specialist Composite Doors, French Doors, Patio Doors, and Aluminium Doors. At the back of the residential development, Sidey supplied and installed a spacious conservatory.
The new residential service provides accommodation for up to nine autistic adults and includes six self-contained flats, all with en-suite shower rooms.
The project took eight months to complete and opened in 2018.
- All PVCu profiles were extruded to BS 12608
- All Solartherm® windows quoted met 1.2 U-value
- Locking systems were fitted to all windows and SBD security
- Windows restrictors were included where required
- Residential doors were fitted with Part M thresholds
- French Doors had single handle and slip lock and have Part M thresholds
- All Sidey windows and doors were delivered on stillages and labelled according to site, room and window number