Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Based in Motherwell, we are the market leader in Scotland for manufacturing PVCu windows and doors. As part of our exciting expansion plans, there is an excellent and immediate opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our business. As a qualified Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a high standard of maintenance and engineering support to our manufacturing department. Working within the Manufacturing Department you should be able to be an effective team member supporting and assisting other trade disciplines where necessary. You must be able to work in line with Company policies and procedures including Health & Safety and other external regulatory standards.
- Respond to all equipment breakdowns as instructed by Supervisors
- Ensure timely completion of all planned preventative maintenance activities relevant to maintain the smooth running of the factory
- Ensure all electrical work is carried out in accordance with all regulatory and safety standards
- Communicate status of maintenance activities to all relevant personnel
- Work in conjunction with manufacturing staff on all necessary plant and equipment issues
- Participate and pro-actively seek cost saving opportunities
- Demonstrate a “can do attitude” and willingness to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and will do what is required to get the job done
- Educated to NVQ level 3 – electrical installation or City & Guilds equivalent
- Possess a sound understanding of electrical and control systems with the ability to effectively fault find and resolve issues, involving Servo drives and variable speed drives
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical drawings including schematics and circuit diagrams
- Ability and willingness to follow direction as well as ability to work independently
- The role operates around a single shift starting and finishing time to be agreed.
Salary dependant on experience, and Company Pension.
All candidates for this role will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training, and qualifications.
Applications including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org